Ramblings, citations and "brainwaves" of a college librarian in Toronto. 475 square feet refers to the size of my home, not the size of my office or library.



Digital Cameras at Auto Shows: Disruptive Technology


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



As an annual auto show attendee, this year seemed to be the tipping point for digital camera use at the show. The vast majority of attendees were frequently using their digital cameras (stand alone or embedded in a phone or PDA) to document their viewing, sitting in, or experience with the vehicles on display. In fact, it was so disruptive (people blocking the shots, people trying not to block shots, etc.) it took away the traditional quality of the experience. There were lots of nasty glances from those without cameras, and the odd confrontation between photographers. Females or all ages seemed to be having as much fun as the males of all ages, with their cameras. Paparazzi became a defacto barrier between the roving hordes and the vehicles themselves. No doubt, many of these pictures would be shared in a variety of channels (email, FlickR, Chat, Websites, etc) the same day they were taken. I guess a picture is worth a thousand words when you want to tell others about what you saw for your 20$.

I'm, guilty as charged, I too had way too much fun with my digital camera, one dream car below. BMW Alpina B7.




alpina-2006


Previous posts

Archives



What do I do with ATOM?