Ramblings, citations and "brainwaves" of a college librarian in Toronto. 475 square feet refers to the size of my home, not the size of my office or library.



If Public Libraries Didn’t Exist, Could You Start One Today?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Freakonomics plays around with the idea that if libraries were only though up today there would be all kinds of legal challenges and barriers and licensing.

Like I keep saying, this is our biggest future problem on the horizon, being cut off from content. we're seeing it today with VOD, music, images, ebooks and many othe rtypes of content that publishers and distributors want to ssell direct to our end users cutting out the middle man, us.


Previous posts

Archives



What do I do with ATOM?