Ramblings, citations and "brainwaves" of a college librarian in Toronto. 475 square feet refers to the size of my home, not the size of my office or library.



Teenagers Not the Techies the Stephen Abram's of the World Want You To Believe


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've been saying it for several years now, and this IPSOS study agrees with me. Teens are online less than adults, are not necessarily early adopters of everything tech, and are not very confident in using technology.

I don't know how many classes I've given where nobody in the room knows what a "blog" or "wiki" is. They know iTunes, facebook, mySpace, wikipedia, youtube, bittorrent, but little else. Many can't install software, customize security settings on a web browser, or even find files stored somewhere on their laptop. I am happy to see they are into Goole apps quickly.

Like I keep saying, the future is the same as the past, on average everyone's the same, while some are really behind and there are always some gurus in the room.


Previous posts

Archives



What do I do with ATOM?