Ramblings, citations and "brainwaves" of a college librarian in Toronto. 475 square feet refers to the size of my home, not the size of my office or library.



Monetizing Textbook Selection


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



From the Wall Street Journal

As Textbooks Go 'Custom,' Students Pay

"College students, already struggling with soaring tuition bills
and expenses, are encountering yet another financial hit:
Publishers and schools are working together to produce "custom"
textbooks that can limit students' use of the money-saving trade
in used books. And in a controversial twist, some academic
departments are sharing in the profits from these texts."

I find this hard to believe. Lees than 50% of students, from experience, buy books anymore. Seems like great foddor for textbook 'torrent' advocates!


Previous posts

Archives



What do I do with ATOM?