Ramblings, citations and "brainwaves" of a college librarian in Toronto. 475 square feet refers to the size of my home, not the size of my office or library.



User Generated Content Absent From Library Websites


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Stephen Abram recently ranted about something that made me think...you're right. Stephen doe not do that often for me, I usually get annoyed...

"I wonder how much user generated content there is on library websites and what the nature of that content is?

Blog postings
Blog comments
Book reviews
Tags
Presentations
YouTube videos
Podcasts
Board Minutes
eBooks
Art
Photos
Genealogies
Local histories
Club notes
Book clubs
Community meetings
more...

What other types of content from our users do we host? It's certainly a good way to connect to communities and users. How do we make these services more explicit and valued?"

Yup, its a good point indeed. Why do we still have gatekeeper systems?


Previous posts

Archives



What do I do with ATOM?