Ramblings, citations and "brainwaves" of a college librarian in Toronto. 475 square feet refers to the size of my home, not the size of my office or library.



Publishers Try to Bake the Cake and Eat It Too


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



"Random House and HarperCollins have launched web-services that provide snippets of their books, trying to compete with Amazon and Google Books and to advertise their own titles a bit more directly. It doesn't surprise me that the publishers are trying to get into this line of content provision, but it does surprise me that they seem to be willing to invest a significant amount of staff time and resources to do so. Users do not think to go to individual publishers websites to find book snippets or previews. Most people don't even know who published their favorite books--they don't care. Instead, they go to aggregators to find what they can all in one place."

LibrarianinBlack


Previous posts

Archives



What do I do with ATOM?