Ramblings, citations and "brainwaves" of a college librarian in Toronto. 475 square feet refers to the size of my home, not the size of my office or library.



Amazon & iPhone have More Than 250 000 ebooks


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



seems ebooks are beginning to gain traction in North America. Amazon's Kindle is doing well, iPhone has a lot of titles, Chapters/Indigo has a big collection, all for sale of course. How many books does your library have available for download to PDA, iPhone, etc.? I'm guesing, not many. The question seems to be are publishers and traditional library vendors planning to let us hook our car to this train? or are we going to be passed by?

In today's IP environment, libraries would never have been able to emerge. If we get starved of content, we'll be seeing the Dodo sooner than later. Think about it...every week I see something the library used to be able to buy but no longer can due to technology barriers or licensing barriers.


Previous posts

Archives



What do I do with ATOM?