Ramblings, citations and "brainwaves" of a college librarian in Toronto. 475 square feet refers to the size of my home, not the size of my office or library.



American Book Sellers Association Tries to Fight Book Pricing by Walmart


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Clay Shirky has written a great little ditty about how we should fear cartels more than behemoths like Walmart, when it comes to books.

I for one never understood how home movies have fallen in price but not books. $35 hardcovers and $20 semi-hard covers keep me from buying books new. I wait for sales or finds on ebay, Kijiji...

If you want to charge more for blockbuster authors fine. But non-fiction, little known authors, don't think so...


Previous posts

Archives



What do I do with ATOM?