Ramblings, citations and "brainwaves" of a college librarian in Toronto. 475 square feet refers to the size of my home, not the size of my office or library.



Mobile Internet Pricing in Canada


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Michael Geist agrees with me. Telecommunication costs are out of control in Canada.

"Canadian carriers have treated mobile internet use as a business product, establishing pricing plans that force most consumers to frugally conserve their time online." Rogers offers 500MB for $210 per month. AT&T in the USA has unlimited for $20 a month. "Unlimited is becoming common around the globe."

Yup, we get screwed. Look at our voice plans. USA 39.95 for 2000 minutes weekday and unlimited evening and weekend and long distance. BEll/Rogers/Telus 200 minutes.

Nuff said.


Previous posts

Archives



What do I do with ATOM?