Ramblings, citations and "brainwaves" of a college librarian in Toronto. 475 square feet refers to the size of my home, not the size of my office or library.



Audio Tours of Places


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm throughly addicted to audio tours of places, be they buildings, city districts or road tours. The first one that I came across several years ago was Invisible5.

"Invisible-5 is a self-guided critical audio tour along Interstate 5 between San Francisco and Los Angeles. It uses the format of a museum audio tour to guide the listener along the highway landscape. "

In terms of libraries, audio tours have mixed results. Some are just too lame. One better example is:

Ohio University Libraries

When it comes to buildings I want a video tour, short clips about different places on the tour. I want my students to make a tour for the library this way. Each group is responsible to produce a different segment of the tour. I'll string it all together...


Previous posts

Archives



What do I do with ATOM?