Ramblings, citations and "brainwaves" of a college librarian in Toronto. 475 square feet refers to the size of my home, not the size of my office or library.



Google Trends


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Google is trying to measure trends in searcher interest, by logging stats about keyword use and then making these stats available. Google is providing the unfiltered interests of millions of its users at any time period....with a few words the world is your focus group. "Hot-or-not"? Google will tell ya!...by country, by time period, etc.

Is this useful? Absolutely, especially if keywords can be clustered and clusters can be contrasted or linked together. I'd love to know how many people were searching for cars that are lemons, that come from Ford...that woud be neat information to have in decison making...


Previous posts

Archives



What do I do with ATOM?